Welcome to our April Blog Hop! Demonstrators from around the world are designing cards with soon to be retired Stampin’ Up products showcasing a technique. I have designed two cards with the Bay Window Card Technique that one of my downline, Janet, taught at our downline meeting! The directions look intimidating, but they aren’t! I love love love the dies that go with the Meant to Be stamp set. With one sweep through the Stamp and Emboss Machine and you have two for one hearts to complete this card. The front of the card uses the Many Hearts Dies that you also get two hearts for one when you cut them out. In addition, these cards use soon to be retired True Love and Peony Designer Series Papers. I love the sayings from Comfort and Hope! They are great for a Get Well or Sympathy card!
The square doilies add more texture to my peony bay window card as you stand the card up!
Aren’t these cards awesome? The directions look intimidating, but if you follow them step by step, they are easy to follow:
- Cut whisper white 4 1/4 inches by 11.
- Score at 3/8, 1 7/8, 3 5/8, 5 1/8 and 5 1/2 inches.
- Cut your DSP at 4 1/8 by 6 inches.
- This is the tricky part! Cut 1 5/8 inches off the RIGHT SIDE of the DSP. I flip my DSP upside down to do this.
- Then cut from left to right at 1 3/8, 1 5/8 and you should have a 1 3/8 inch piece left. You will see that they fit right onto each panel from left to right. The first piece of DSP you cut will be used on the inside at the edge.
- Decorate as desired. These are addicting.
Think you would like a video to see how to cut and score? Reply in the comments and I will work on one if there is enough interest!
Next hop along to Rochelle Laird-Smith’s technique featuring Reverse Masking.
Scrappy Strip Technique/Dandelion Wishes: Tricia’s Stamping Creations
Clear Block Stamping/Rooted in Nature: Sugar & Scraps
Blends & Alcohol Technique/Sweet Magnolia: Lilypad Stamper
Blistering Ink Background/To A Wild Rose: De Kijkkast
Joseph’s Coat Technique/Gorgeous Posies: Stampin’ Scrapper
Mirror Stamping/Beauty Abounds: Carterie Plus
Faux Metal Embossing/Loyal Leaves: Playing with Papercrafting
Bay Window Card/Comfort & Hope: Gifted Hands Ink
Reverse Masking/So Much Love: Stamping Flair
Bokeh Technique/Butterfly Gala: Creative Juice with Loni
Baby Wipe Technique/Arrange a Wreath: 24/7 Inkspiration
Kissing/To A Wild Rose: Scraphexe